Monday, August 19, 2013

New start for this little blog

Today I was just looking through all my old posts on this blog and I felt sad. I felt sad because I haven't recorded anything about our family for over a year. So much has happened and I'm afraid I won't remember it. It was so much fun to read through all my old posts and remember what life was like way back then. I know it wasn't even very long ago but I'm already forgetting it. I don't want to forget this stage of my life. Yes it is rough and most days just aren't glamorous, but it is bursting with love and growing and changing so fast, I blink and it's gone. So I need this blog, so I can remember everything, so when Clay and I are old we will be able to look back and laugh at how crazy our life is right now. I can't promise myself that I will be able to blog everyday but I do want to make an effort to record our incredible life.

My camera needs new batteries and I can't load any pictures, so I think I will just talk about what motherhood means to me. Motherhood is one of the most important things in my life right now, it is my number one. To me motherhood has nothing to do with cooking and cleaning. Nothing to do with looking beautiful and always being perfect. Although we do need to cook and clean just keep life functioning, and usually we try to look beautiful and be perfect it is certainly now what motherhood is.

Motherhood is the other things. The things like when you're four year old tells you she loves you a gazillion times in a day and that you are the best ever. It is when your three year old gets super excited because she had special mac and cheese for lunch and wants to tell you all about the little shapes and that she got hot dogs in it. Its when you pull up and your kids come running to see you and they say they are so happy that you are home. Motherhood is when you can put down what you are doing get on your knees and just listen to your beautiful daughter tell you what she is suddenly so excited about. It is when you have just been worried sick that your beautiful daughter just doesn't have the confidence she needs, but then you see it. That confidence slowly sneaks past and deep down you know that she will be ok. It is when you practice flashcards so much that you just don't think you can do it anymore and then suddenly she knows them and your heart is bursting with pride.

That is what it is all about, the things that really matter. I'm going to try my darndest to capture these things and hold them in my heart forever. That is why I need this blog, because I forget things especially the little ones and those are the ones I want to remember. Forever!

1 comment:

The Benson Family said...

Yay! You are back to blogging! Please don't quit. It makes me happy to see what you guys are up to! I love you and I love this sweet post! It is the little things that matter most! :-)