Friday, August 23, 2013
This Man.....
Sometimes we just have to brag about how great the people in our lives are! I can't even begin to express how much I love and adore this Man. We have been together for over 10 years and each year gets better and better. Yes we have had struggles and sometimes it is hard but I would not change it for anything. I think sometimes in the day to day of life we forget to slow down and really let the people who mean the most to us know how much we love and appreciate them. So that is what I'm doing right now :).
Clay is such a family man, and I love it. He loves his kids with all his heart and he wants to see them be successful. He would much rather spend time with his family then do something by himself or with the guys. He puts his family first before his own need and wants. The kids love it when daddy plays with them and will specifically ask him to tickle them.
Clay tries very hard to teach them to do the right thing and make the right decisions. He wants them to always remember how to act and what is appropriate. He is able to see past the begging eyes and the desperate pleas and know that even though things are hard for them now they will live and they can do it. All too often I just give in when they don't want to do something and I let them get away with way too much. But Clay knows that it’s ok for them to do hard things or things that they don't like and in the end they will be better for it.
Clay is such a good husband. I can't even count the number of times I have came home from work and the house has been cleaned or he has spent the day doing much needed projects around the house, especially lately. Clay does not like clutter of any kind. Sometimes this is hard for me because my life is so buys and I'm always running here or there and it is easy to just let things pile up. But I know when things are put away where they go and not left to pile up our day runs so much smoother and it just helps both Clay and I to be in better moods. He hates laundry piled up also, so instead of telling me to do it or complaining he will just go and do it and it's no big deal to him. I am so thankful he is so willing to help with things like this around the house. Especially with me working it is so nice to know we are team and we help each other.
Clay is my biggest supporter. I sometimes, ok often, get some crazy ideas in my head of things I want to do. And even though they are ambitious and often times too much for me to handle, Clay is always supportive. He never tells me I can't do something. If I am really passionate about it he will support me 100%. Clay is really good at keeping me grounded without making me feel belittled or small. He has a way of wording his questions that make me think about things in a way I wouldn't have thought, but still being supportive. When I wanted to go back to school he was with me all the way. It meant for him to have a lot more responsibilities on his plate but he took them all without complaining. Then when I wanted to sell paparazzi and that meant I would be gone some nights doing parties, he would graciously watch the kids for me. Then when I had a crazy harebrain idea to start an online party store, he gently and kindly helped me realize that it was probably a little more then we could take on at that time in our lives. I'm so thankful I have him to keep me grounded and to be my biggest supporter.
Clay has such an amazing work ethic. Anything he does he does it with all his heart. To him, you don't leave something half done, you finish it and you do it right the first time. Nothing is above him, if he sees something that needs done and there is no one to do it, or if someone needs help he will just get right in there and do it even if that is technically not his job. He has amazing dedication and is very reliable. If he is expected to be at work @ 8:00 you can bet he will do everything he can to get there @ 7:50 and if he is even a couple minutes late he will feel bad about it. He will stay late to finish something up without ever complaining. There are so many more things I could go on about, like how Clay loves traditions and he wants to continue traditions on in our little family. How he is so kind and helpful to our very annoying neighbor. But I think you get the picture of what an amazing guy he is. I am so thankful that he is mine and that I get to spend forever with him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment