Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I knew you could.


Tonight as I read this sweet book to my girls I realized that they are just growing up, and there is not a darn thing I can do to stop it. I so want to keep them in a little bubble and never let anything bad happen to them. I want to protect them from everything that could ever hurt them and cause them pain. I always want them to be the cute carefree girls that they are now.

But I realize that this can't happen. They have to go through life on their own path through all the twists and turns of life and at some point without me. This book was given to Maleah from her preschool teacher at the end of last year. I should not have read it on such an emotional day with preschool graduation and all but I did. As I read this book to my girls that night I just couldn't hold back the tears and now every time I read it they think I am supposed to cry haha.

This book is about a little train that has to set out on his own path. It talks about all the twists and turns along the way. About the dark tunnels and long stretches of nothing. It talks about all the people he will meet and how he might want to be something he is not. It talks about how sometimes the road will be hard and it just seems that he can't go on anymore. But if he thinks he can he will.

This really is such a good book and I think I will be reading this in our house every year before school starts until all my kids are all graduated, and maybe even after. I love it and it helps me to remember that I need to let them make their own path and in the end they will be who they are supposed to be.


2 comments:

The Benson Family said...

This post reminds me of the train video Dad made us watch every morning before school for like a month! Do you remember that? I think it was called "Never Give Up" or something like that.

Sara Kappas said...

Haha Yeah I Remember It. It Was A Good One I Think It Was Just A Little Overkill To Have To Watch It Everyday ;).