Saturday, May 26, 2012

GRADUATION day! Woot, Woot!

(Sorry this post is long)    
       Ok the day has finally come, and is now gone actually, but I have officially graduated from college. It has been a LONG, sometimes rough road for our family, but it has defiantly been worth it. About 4 years ago I had quit going to school because we had moved from Utah back to Idaho and I was just working at the time. We wanted to have a baby and were trying (although it took us awhile to finally have our sweet baby) so I just postponed going back to school. We had a general relief society meeting and I remember president Hinckly was talking about how important it was for women to get an education. I felt like he was talking to me, and I could feel the spirit telling me I need to finish with school. I vowed then that I would. I was finished with all my requirements to get into the Radiographic Science program before and while I was pregnant with Mea, but we decided I needed to take a year off when the baby came.
       So I did, and then the next Feb. I applied for the program and got accepted, shortly after I found out I was prego again with Kaitlyn. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to handle school with two babies. As well I was going to be working with radiation everyday and I was worried about the effects on the baby. Clay was ecstatic to have another baby, and he reassured me that he would be there for me to help me get through school. I called and talked the program director and he told me I would have to be very careful at clinicals and make sure I was always shielded but that it would be ok. So for the past two years I have taken 15 credits a semester, I have had clinicals 24 hours a week, (40 hours a week during the summer semester) taken care of a one year old, been pregnant, gave birth to a baby while in school, went back to school and clinical two weeks after giving birth, then had two babies while in school, as well as tried to be a good mom and wife and primary secretary.
        Did I always succeed NO!! People have always asked me how I could handle everything, I would tell them I just make it work because I had to. I had to accept that sometimes my house wouldn't be clean, that sometimes Meas hair looked like a rats nest, that I couldn't curl my hair everyday, and yes it looked like a rats nest also. But really I couldn't have done all of this without my amazing husband, really just ask the people I work with I tell them that he is amazing. They are shocked when I tell them that he is 75% of the time the one who does the laundry, he does dishes, cleans and vacuums. My dad always jokingly tells him that he makes a good housewife. Not only that but he is so supportive, and understanding. Never once did he complain because I was gone, or becasue I had to study, or because he had all the extra chores. Clay was truly my rock and support during all this!
         Also my mom, oh I wish you could all have a mom like mine, I would not have been able to have done this without my mom. She watched my girls for me 2-3 days a week for me, like 8 hours a day. Usually when I got to mom's she would make me a toster-studdle for breakfast and send me with a granola bar and a pepsi (pepsi is what keep me sane the past two years). Some days when I would go to pick them up, I could tell that she was exhausted. But she would never tell me, then most days she would have a casserole or something made that she would send home for my families dinner that night. I can not tell Clay and my mom how thankful I am for their love and support I truly could not have done it without you! With that being said I have to say I am pretty proud of myself as well, I am braging now but I made the deans list every semester and I got an A in all my classes during the program except 2 (am I'm still mad at myself about these two). This past week has been so great to just be home and not have to worry about anything. I don't know what I am going to do with my self this summer.

4 comments:

Alysa said...

You are an amazing women, great job on finishing school. Now enjoy being home with your girls I'm sure you will find plenty to do, they will definitely keep you busy. Have a great day! When we come back to Idaho we need to get together!

Jacob & Angie said...

Oh my heck! I had no idea you had a blog :) Congrats to you on graduating. I was glad you were in our class! You were truly amazing, everytime I was studying and had a distraction or felt overwhelmed, I'd think of you! Really! I don't know how you did it (well I do you're AWESOME), I know I couldn't have! Plus your girls are A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! Enjoy summer Sara, if it ever comes to stay :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS SARA!!! You are super momma! Now you get to spend more time being home with your precious girls! That is awesome that you stuck school out and did so awesome while raising two beautiful girls, hopefully things will slow down for you now and you can just enjoy your summer and your cute little family! Congrats!

Amy said...

Sara - Congrats on graduating! What a huge accomplishment for you and everyone who helped you do it! I loved reading this!