Thursday, April 2, 2009

Great Savings!!!!

Coupon Savings

Lately I have started savings the coupons from the sunday paper, and I get a lot of them online. Some of you have asked me if I really am saving money, at first I really wasn't sure if it was worth it or not. But now I am getting the hang of it and the answer if YES, YES, YES! This past week I have gotten some great deals.
Does it take a lot of work? YES!
Does it take being very organized? YES!
Is it a little annoying? YES!
But is it fun? YES in a weird way, I love feeling like I have gotten a good deal on something!
So I will continue trying the coupons out, I think it is saving me $$$$, especially in the long run, my food storage has doubled in the past month!

Walgreens



The Softsoap was $3.99 then you got a RR (register rewards) for a free softsoap so they were $2.00 each!
The Edge Shaving Gel was $2.99 then you got a RR for $3.00 off your next purchase so it was FREE!
The Skintimat Shaving Gel was the same deal as the Edge FREE!
The Chapstick was $1.99 then you got a RR for $2.00 making it FREE!
The halls coughdrops were $1.99 then I had a walgreens coupon making them $1.39, then I had a manufactures coupon for $1.00 off so that made them $0.39 each!
The Renyolds Wrap was $1.59 - Walgreens coupon made them $0.89 each then I had a coupon for $1.00 so that made them $0.56 each!
The razor was $12.49 - Walgreens coupon made it $10.49 then I had a manufactures coupon for $2.00 off so the razor was $8.49. This isn't the best deal ever but Clay needed a new razor :).
The Tuff garbage bags were $5.00 not the best deal but pretty good and in needed garbage bags!

So the trick is doing multiple transactions so you can use your RR's. I still have $5.00 in RR's that I haven't used yet, so maybe next week!


Walmart



The Kraft salad dressing was on sale for $1.59 then I had a coupon for $1.50 of so $0.09 each, WOW great deal!
The Maricle Whip was 2 for $6.00 then I had a coupon for $0.50 off so that made them $2.50, ok deal!
Huggies diapers Jumbo pack normally $11.00 I had a coupon for $5.00 off so $6.00 each, WOW again!
Huggies wipes normally $6.19 I had a coupon for $3.00 off so $3.19 each, WOW!

Albertsons



The Post cereal was $1.67 each then I had a coupon for $0.50 off each making them $1.17 then I got a RR for $5.00 off my next purchase making it $0.34 each! I love honey bunches of oats!

The rest were 10 for $10 so I bought 10 items total. I had a coupon for $0.27 off each Dole item and I had a coupon for $0.50 off each toothbrush, and I had a coupon for Buy one get one free for the Glade so total it was $6.95.

Great Deals

2 comments:

Jennie-O said...

totally did the albertsons thing today. I got $5 off a rotisserie chicken, 2 dozen eggs for free & lots of other great deals! you're a devoted money-saving-shopper! Good job!

Darwin + Kiara said...

I'm still trying to figure out the couponing thing. I'm really trying it, but we've only hit a good shopping run once so far. I think I'm just not putting as much time into it as I need to right now...but I have so many other things on my plate! Way to go, Sara! You inspire me to try harder with my coupons!!!