Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Christmas 2013

I'm finally getting my Christmas post done. For some reason I couldn't get blogger to upload my photos so it took me a while to figure out what was wrong. 

Christmas was wonderful this year. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but for some reason I always forget until it's over and then I kick myself. 

Christmas Eve playing with daddy. I LOVE it when they play together like this. The kids are happy and dad is having fun with the them and that makes for one happy mamma. Sorry don't mind the laundry in the background. I hate folding laundry, to me it's the worst household chore. 

Christmas Eve seemed like it was really busy, but now as I write this I can't for the life of me think of what we did. I know we started the day off making cookies for Santa and did a lot of other stuff too.

 The kids were so excited this year to leave cookies for Santa. Clay is awesome and even helped them sprinkle some oats and carrots on the front lawn for the reindeer. Carter was not really old enough to know what was going on but the girls excitement rubbed off on him.

                                      
I love the magic of Christmas eve when all the presents are laid out and the tree is lit and everything is ready for Christmas. The air feels heavy with the spirit.

And then of course the fun begins on Christmas morning. Luckily all the kids slept in until almost 8 so we got to sleep in too!

I took each of the kids on a special date with mom to pick out their Christmas gifts for their siblings. They loved it and so did I. It was special and they were so excited to exchange their gifts they had gotten for each other.

Christmas night playing with their gifts. 

Clay got me this Shark Sonic Duo Floor Cleaning System. That baby is going to save me a lot of time bending over to scrub the floor. It will also clean carpets and does a pretty good job. 




No comments: