Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Things.

So the past two weeks I have been trying to expand my food/cooking options. I wanted to try things that I have never had before or things I thought I would never like.  It was very interesting, and I am excited to try more new things. I love the food network so that is where I got most of the new recipes I made.  PESTO - I LOVE IT!  I made a chicken pesto pizza it was delicious! Pesto pasta on the other had wasn't as good but not because of the pesto because it had cooked SPINACH in it.  I love FRESH spinach but I guess I don't like cooked at least not in this recipe. SUN DRIED TOMATOES - YUCK, the kind I bought was in oil and that was gross and they were sorta hard and chewy but all I could taste was the oil.  BASIL - Not sure yet, it has a weird taste that I am not used to but I will give it another try, Clay hated the basil. I know that Pesto is mostly basil but I bought some to use as a garnish and I didn't really like it.  PINE NUTS - Love them!  Every time I tried to toast them I just burned them but they have a buttery taste, they were good not even toasted as well.  I also got all fancy and bought Parmesan cheese that wasn't already grated. I know I am weired that I am excited to grate my own cheese, but that is how the REAL cooks do it :). So I will continue to try new things if anyone has any suggestions on what I should try I would love to know. In the mean time I have a huge bowl of Pesto pasta, a huge bowl of sun dried tomato pasta, and a half of meatloaf in my fridge that we don't like, that is a lot of hard work and food to throw away, oh well!

2 comments:

Darwin + Kiara said...

K, I totally have a food network recipe you guys need to try! It's a Tyler Florence recipe and it's called Mushroom Cream Sauce. If you guys don't like mushrooms, you don't have to put them in (but do everything else...this is one of Dar's favorites!). Just get on the food network website and search for it. Tyler Florence also has a corn chowder recipe that I absolutely LOVE and I'm totally making it again this week! Yay for Food Network Groupies! Glad you guys are doing well and trying new things! ;)

Max ~Alysa~ Deegan~Paden said...

Hey sara, I just came across your blog your little girl is so precious. congratulation's. Isn't motherhood the best, take care. Alysa I have a blog also but it is private if you want to look at it send me your e- mail address so i can invite you. AlysaBarney@gmail.com