Sunday, January 4, 2009

Maleah's Blessing




Today was a wonderful day, it was Maleah's baby blessing! Clay did such a good job and gave her a wonderful blessing.  Maleah was so good the whole time, I was trying before sacrament to get her to go to sleep but she wouldn't. So she was awake for her blessing but she didn't cry at all. After the family and friends came to our house for lunch, it was so fun. We had to fit like 30 people into our little house, so it was a tight fit. We had pulled pork sandwiches and lots of salads and then for dessert the most delicious cheesecake. I had never made baked cheesecakes before but they turned out so good. It was a wonderful day. I am so thankful Heavenly Father sent Maleah to be a part of our little family we love her so much!

Yummy Turtle Cheesecake

1 1/2 c. gram cracker crumbs
2 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. butter, melted
1 (14 oz.) bag Kraft caramels
1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
1 c. chopped pecans, toasted
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate pieces, melted

Combine crumbs, sugar, and butter; press onto bottom and sides of 9" springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. In 1 1/2 quart heavy saucepan, melt caramels with milk over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Pour over crust. Top with pecans. Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in chocolate; pour over pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill. 

Here is the recipe. When I made it I didn't add the chocolate to the cream cheese mixture. I layered it over the crust with they caramel. I first put the caramel layer over the crust and then the chocolate layer and then I leave some to drizzle over the top. You can choose to do it however you want but that is the way I like it. Good Luck!

6 comments:

Jennie-O said...

thanks for having us and thanks for the recipe! I have been thinking about that cheesecake since we left! love you guys

Troublemakers in Wenatchee said...

Wow that is awesome it is always such a special day when a baby is blessed. That is so good that she didn't cry.

Darwin + Kiara said...

Congrats on the baby blessing! I'm glad it went well. And thanks for sharing the recipe...I'll for sure have to try it!

Bard and Kerri said...

Congrats on the the blessing. She is very cute. We will be in Springville in March. I think the 13-14. Yes we got a house, just renting for now though. I hope to see you guys, so I can see the baby.

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

I am excited to try out that recipe it sounds great! Maleah looks so pretty in her blessing dress! I am glad you had such a great day!

Shelley said...

THanks for finding my blog! I'm so glad you did! It's good to catch up with you! You're little girl is ADORABLE! Congrats! --I may have to call your mom to get advice about twins! ;)